[Special reminder] This policy applies to all eliwise services we provide. When you use any of our individual services, you agree to be protected by this policy and the specific privacy information policy terms that we have set up in that individual service (the "specific terms"), in which case the specific terms and the terms of this policy will be in effect for you simultaneously. Where there is an inconsistency between a specific provision and the provisions of this policy on similar terms, the specific provision shall prevail to the extent that it is binding. Where this policy does not apply to a single service we provide, the policy is expressly excluded from that service in an appropriate manner.
Before using each eliwise service, please be sure to carefully read and thoroughly understand this policy, especially the terms marked in bold type. You should focus on reading and use it after confirming that you fully understand and agree. If you do not agree with the content of this policy, which may cause the eliwise service to be unable to operate normally or achieve the service effect we intend to achieve, you should immediately stop accessing/using the eliwise service.
After reading this policy, if you have any questions about this policy or any issues related to this policy, you can contact us through the feedback channels listed in Chapter 5, and we will give you an answer as soon as possible.
This policy will help you understand the following:
How do we collect and use personal information
Personal information that we may share, transfer and disclose
How do we store and protect personal information
Revision and notification
How to contact us
We collect your personal information primarily so that you and other service recipients can use the eliwise service more easily and satisfactorily. Eliwise's goal is to serve the world's academic development, especially those young people who are committed to academic research and those who are willing to contribute to the industry, through efficient, high-quality and scientific academic products. This information helps us achieve this goal.
(1) the information you provide to us in response to eliwise email or when using eliwise service;
(2) the shared information that you provide to third parties through the eliwise service and the information that you store when using the eliwise service.
Please note that if you disclose your information in information uploaded or published within a public area visible to other service recipients in the eliwise service, or in your responses to information uploaded or published by others, such information may be collected and used by others. When you discover that others have improperly collected or used your information, you can contact us through the feedback channels listed in Chapter 5.
We need to remind you in particular that due to the large number of our products and services and the different content provided to you, the relevant business functions (including the types of personal information collected by them) will also be different depending on the content of the products/services you choose. Please refer to the products/services you actually use. In addition, you understand and agree that the products and services we wish to provide you are perfect, so we will continuously improve our products and services, which means that as the products and services iterate, expand, upgrade, etc.. We may often introduce new services or business functions or re-divide business functions, and may need to collect new personal information or change the purpose or method of using personal information. If we intend to use your personal information for other purposes not stated in this policy or otherwise collect additional personal information not mentioned, we will contact you in accordance with the law and obtain your consent. During this process, you can contact us through the feedback channels listed in Chapter 5, and we will provide you with an answer as soon as possible.
According to the relevant laws and regulations, your authorized consent is not required to collect your information in the following situations:
(1) directly related to national security and national defense security;
(2) directly related to public safety, public health and significant public interests;
(3) directly related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgments, etc.;
(4) It is difficult to obtain the consent of yourself for the purpose of safeguarding your or other individuals' vital and lawful rights and interests such as life and property;
(5) The personal information collected is disclosed by you to the public;
(6) necessary to sign and perform the contract according to your requirements;
(7) collecting personal information from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
(8) necessary to carry out legal news reports;
(9) other circumstances as prescribed by laws and regulations.
Sensitive personal information refers to personal information that, once leaked or illegally used, is likely to cause the personal dignity of natural persons to be violated or personal and property safety to be endangered. Your information provided by you or collected by us above may contain your sensitive personal information, such as identification number, personal biometric information (static or dynamic), bank account number, communication records and content, property information, track of whereabouts, accommodation information, transaction information. Please exercise care and attention to sensitive personal information and you agree that we may process your sensitive personal information for the purposes and in the manner described in this policy.
We attach great importance to protecting your personal information. We will not share your personal information with any third party other than eliwise without your separate consent, except for the following:
2.1.1 Shares necessary to enable our services/functions. Under certain circumstances, we may need to share your information with third parties in order to achieve the functionality of our products and/or services and allow you to use the services you need normally, including (1) sharing the corresponding transaction order information and payment amount information with third-party payment institutions that provide payment services; (2) sharing the information needed for real-name authentication with the real-name authentication service provider; (3) other necessary sharing with suppliers, service providers and business partners related to our services/functions.
2.1.2 Necessary sharing with our related parties. In order to facilitate us to provide you with consistent services based on a unified account system, as well as to facilitate you to conduct unified management, personalized recommendation, guarantee system and account security, etc., your personal information may be shared between us and our related parties as necessary. For example, when you reply to the official account number/email account number of eliwise, the information related to your account number will be shared as necessary within the products of us and our related parties.
2.1.3 Achieve the other purposes as described in the section headed "How We Collect and Use Personal Information" in Article 1 of this Policy.
2.1.4 Fulfill our obligations and exercise our rights under this policy or other agreements we have with you.
2.1.5 To the extent permitted by laws and regulations, we may exchange information with other companies and organizations in order to comply with the law, safeguard the interests, property or safety of us and our related parties or partners, you or other eliwise clients or the public, for example, to prevent illegal activities such as fraud and reduce credit risk. However, this does not include information that is sold, leased, shared or otherwise disclosed for profit in violation of the commitments made in this policy.
2.1.6 At your lawful request or with your authorization and consent.
2.1.7 Provided in accordance with the individual service agreement signed with you (including the electronic agreement signed online and the corresponding platform rules) or other legal documents.
2.1.8 Based on academic research.
2.1.9 Based on the social and public interests in accordance with laws and regulations.
We will only share your personal information for lawful, legitimate, necessary, specific and explicit purposes. For companies, organizations and individuals with whom we share personal information, we will enter into strict confidentiality agreements requiring them to process the information in accordance with our instructions, this policy and any other relevant confidentiality and security measures.
(1) As our business continues to grow, we may engage in mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers or similar transactions, and your information may be transferred as part of such transactions. We will ask the new company or organization holding your personal information to continue to be bound by this policy, otherwise, we will ask the company or organization to seek your authorization again.
(2) After obtaining your explicit consent, we will transfer your personal information to a third party.
Your personal information will only be disclosed if:
(1) Disclose the information you specify in a manner that you expressly agree to, based on your needs.
(2) If you are required by laws, regulations, mandatory administrative enforcement or judicial requirements to provide your information, we may disclose your information based on the type of information required and the manner of disclosure. Subject to compliance with laws and regulations, when we receive the above request for disclosure of information, we will require the receiving party to issue corresponding legal documents, such as subpoenas or investigation letters. We firmly believe that the information we are asked to provide should be kept as transparent as possible to the extent permitted by law. All requests are carefully reviewed to ensure that they have a legal basis and are limited to data that law enforcement authorities have a legitimate right to access for specific investigative purposes.
The sharing, transfer and disclosure of your information does not require your prior authorized consent if:
(1) directly related to national security and national defense security;
(2) directly related to public safety, public health and major public interests;
(3) and criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and judgment execution and other judicial or administrative law enforcement directly related;
(4) It is difficult to obtain my consent for the purpose of safeguarding your or other individuals' vital and lawful rights and interests such as life and property;
(5) Information that you disclose to the public by yourself;
(6) collecting information from legally publicly disclosed information, such as legal news reports, government information disclosure and other channels;
(7) Relevant to the fulfillment of our obligations under laws and regulations.
According to the law, the sharing, transfer and disclosure of the personally identifiable information and the assurance that the data recipient cannot recover and re-identify the subject of the information are not acts of external sharing, transfer and public disclosure of personally identifiable information, and the storage and processing of such data will not require further notice to you and your consent.
Except as otherwise provided by laws, regulations or regulatory authorities, we store your personal information only for the shortest period of time necessary for the purposes described in this policy. If we terminate the service or operation, we will promptly stop the activity of collecting your personal information, comply with relevant laws and regulations, notify you in advance, and delete or anonymize your personal information after terminating the service or operation, unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations or regulatory authorities.
Personal information collected and generated during our operations in the People's Republic of China is stored in the People's Republic of China, except for the following:
(1) Laws and regulations have clear provisions;
(2) Obtain your authorization and consent;
(3) The eliwise service you use involves cross-border, and eliwise needs to provide your personal information overseas.
In response to the above situation, we will ensure that it is implemented in accordance with national laws and regulations and relevant regulatory authorities, and provide adequate protection for your personal information.
We attach great importance to information security, set up a special security team and take all reasonable and feasible measures to protect your personal information:
We have an industry-advanced data-centric data security management system that revolves around the data life cycle and enhances the security of the entire system from aspects of organization construction, system design, personnel management, product technology, etc. We manage and standardize the storage and use of personal information by establishing a data classification and classification system, a data security management standard and a data security development standard.
We exercise comprehensive security control over our data through information contact confidentiality agreements, monitoring and audit mechanisms.
We also conduct security and privacy protection training courses to enhance employees' safety awareness and awareness of personal information protection policies and related procedures.
We only allow eliwise employees and partners who have the necessary knowledge to access your personal information, and have set up strict access control and monitoring mechanism for this purpose. At the same time, we require all personnel who may have access to your personal information to perform the corresponding confidentiality obligations. Failure to meet these obligations may result in legal liability or suspension of the partnership with eliwise.
The Internet is not an absolutely safe environment, and the way you communicate with other clients, such as email, instant messaging, social networking software or other service software, cannot be sure whether it is completely encrypted. We recommend that you use complex passwords when using such tools, and pay attention to protecting your information.
The Internet environment is not 100% secure and we will do our best to ensure or guarantee the security of the personal information you send us. If our physical, technical, or management safeguards are breached, resulting in unauthorized access to, public disclosure of, tampering with, or destruction of personal information, resulting in damage to your legitimate rights and interests, we will assume corresponding legal liability.
In order to deal with possible risks such as personal information leakage, damage and loss, we have formulated a number of systems to clarify the classification and classification standards of security incidents and security vulnerabilities and the corresponding processing procedures. We have also established an emergency response team for security incidents. According to the requirements of the security incident handling specification, we have launched security plans for different security incidents, and conducted stop loss, analysis, positioning, formulation of remedial measures, and joint efforts with relevant departments to trace and combat them. We also regularly organize internal training and emergency drills to enable our relevant staff to master the corresponding emergency response strategies and procedures.
After an unfortunate information security incident occurs, we will inform you in a timely manner of the basic information and possible impacts of the security incident, the disposal measures we have taken or will take, your own suggestions on how to prevent and reduce risks, and the remedial measures for you in accordance with the requirements of laws and regulations. At the same time, we will inform you about the incident in a timely manner by mail, letter, telephone, push notification and other means. When it is difficult to inform the information subject one by one, we will adopt reasonable and effective methods to issue announcements. At the same time, we will actively report the disposition of information security incidents according to the requirements of the regulatory authorities.
In order to provide you with better services, we may modify the terms of this policy in a timely manner in accordance with the update of eliwise services and relevant requirements of laws and regulations, and such modifications form part of this policy. Any changes to this policy will be announced on this site. For material changes, we will also provide more significant notice (including by mail or other means), including but not limited to:
(1) Significant changes have taken place in our service model. Such as the purpose of
processing the personal information, the type of personal information processed, the way
in which the personal information is used, etc.;
(2) Significant changes have taken place in our ownership structure. Such as changes in owners caused by business adjustments, bankruptcy mergers and acquisitions, etc.;
(3) Significant changes have taken place in the main objects of personal information sharing, transfer or public disclosure;
(4) Significant changes have taken place in your rights to participate in the processing of personal information and the way in which you exercise them;
(5) Significant changes have taken place in our responsible departments, contact methods and complaint channels for handling personal information security;
(6) other important or may seriously affect your personal rights and interests.
We have established a dedicated personal information protection department to protect your personal information in accordance with this policy. If you have any complaints or reports about network information security, or you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this policy, eliwise's privacy measures, or matters related to your information, please contact eliwise's person in charge of personal information protection and email to email@example.com .
Generally, we will deal with your questions, comments or suggestions within 15 working days after we have received them and verified your identity as a customer. If you are not satisfied with our handling, you can also lodge a complaint or make a report to the department responsible for protecting your personal information.